Thursday, February 25, 2010

Enjoyable




Yasmeen told me to talk to the director of operations at our hotel to arrange any outings we wanted to go on, so today we met with him. He asked us our story then arranged a connection with the guest relations manager. She arranged a driver for us and explained to him about my neck, and told him that we would like to go to Spencer Plaza. While we were driving he explained to us that he would not like to take us to Spencer Plaza, as it is very busy with many, many people, and that would not be good for me. He then took us to a quaint little shop that was not packed with people but amazingly beautiful handcrafted everything. There was antique handcrafted pieces that had been restored, ornaments, boxes, and furniture. There was also all of the same-new. Then there was a separate room full of gorgeous jewellery, which I had a great time trying on many rings. I had to drag myself out of that room. Next we went upstairs to find unbelievable amounts of handmade linens, scarfs, rugs, purses, and wallhangings. They brought us a very good cup of safron tea with cinnamon, and rosehip. It was fun. The owner was very personable and showed us around explaining. He even pulled out family pictures of the rug making, of a particular that we liked. The next stop was the Santhome Cathedral Basilica. St. Thomas, one of the twelve apostles was buried there. The Basilica is built over his tomb.







Our next stop was Marina Beach










this beach was shockingly big...I guess it is one of the largest in the world


Our afternoon was enjoyable...Mr. Guneesh our driver was so careful driving that we really enjoyed the trip!!!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Sue and Dorothy it looks like you are getting to enjoy some of the Beauty of Madras! Wonderful!!!! I am praying for you everyday that the meds are working and they must be helping or you wouldn't be venturing out to sightsee so I am very excited for you about that! We do miss you both but not as much as Uncle Bud does...LOL Greg talked to him on Wed night and he even said that he sounded a little lonely....I am going to go for a visit with him today and maybe bring him down to the office to see your blog pictures.. Take care you too, love you both and can't wait to see you home!!
    Fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Fay we did see some really awesome things, and as always, it puts me in a wonderful place to walk on the sand, then have my feet in the ocean...but unfortunately as always I paid for it on return. It takes a pretty nasty headache to keep me in. The meds have made not much change so far other than the antispasmotic seems to work better. The good news is, not too much side effects so far, other than a little dizzyness, and tachycardia. It would be so great if you could convince Dad to come to the office with you!!! thanks again for the love, and right back at you
    Mom and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! I love looking at your pictures and seeing your experience. I hope the doctors continue to work with your meds before it is time to leave. Sounds like you are making the best of it with the pain you are in....you are such a trooper! FYI from Canada....the woman's hockey team won a gold medal and the womens 2 person bobsled won a gold and a silver! We are kicking butt! Thanks for emailing me back, I appreciate it big time! Talk to you soon, love and laughter Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Charlene...I am looking forward to seeing you again, I wore the bracelet that you gave me all the way on the plane and most of the time here so far!!! take care of you :)

    ReplyDelete