Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PERSEVERANCE



On this path that I have been on for almost five years now, I have hit many road blocks. I am trying very hard to recover from what initially seemed to be a minor injury. From legistic problems to just having trouble getting the medical world to listen to me, and realize what I have been living with, it has been a long road. Many times I have thought...this is it, maybe there are no options, I just have to live like this. Then I would read some more and learn the opposite-there are options and if there are options, then why should I suffer in significant pain. My path has once again taken a turn and I am on my way to India. Mom is coming with me. She has been right there all along, and has chosen to join me on this path. The surgeon I am going to see thinks he may be able to help me, and can't believe how long I have been suffering, with something that should be fixable.
We leave on Sunday, February 14th. It seems like a great day to leave! I am excited...not afraid at all!! I have had an incredible amount of encouragement and support from the people around me...friends, family, soccer parents/friends and my caregivers-even the practitioners I have no longer been actively seeing. Auntie Dora called me recently and said that she admired my courage, I told her that I am not sure if it is courage or insanity - but I love life, and I need and want to get well.
This will be an adventure...and hopefully a successful one.....so, please follow me and see how this turns out.

I got the idea to do this blog from my very best friend....and I am thankful because I think it will help me share with everyone.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Aunty Sue!

    You are an incredible individual who is so strong, courageous, beautiful, inspiring and motivating!! I admire you for your strength, positive attitude and view on life. Good luck and all the best in India!! I look forward to reading your blogs!

    Love Rae xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae!!
    ...thanks!

    love Aunty Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - so glad the day has finally come!! Have a great flight!! Perseverance, strength and courage - I knew that carving was meant for you - take care and I will be following along - this is such a great idea!! Love you!!

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete