Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NEW PLAN...MAYBE A BETTER PLAN

On Monday, I saw two of the surgeons, and they have decided that my pain is caused from inflammation of the C-2 nerves (the nerves between the first and second vertebrae). So...therefore fusion would not take that pain away. They have started me on three medications-two to settle the nerve inflammation, and one for the muscle spasticity. We will stay here in the hotel, and I have the neurosurgeon's cell number if I need to call him. We will wait and see...thinking happy thoughts as always.


Today, Mom and I have decided to go and get a haircut at the salon in the hotel. We have had our usual great breakfast and cappuccino for me, coffee for Mom...and we are content!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, I am just wondering how they came to this conclusion about the C2 nerve inflammation? What did they do differently that has lead to this latest diagnosis? How long are they going to wait to see the meds are working? Your room looks lovely and the beach is spectacular. I think the both of you are cute as a button in your new hair. I wish I could have been on that shopping trip with you as I bet they have a great a selection of amber over there. Keep up the great journaling as it is wonderful to share in your adventure.
    Buy the way, I love feeding your fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judee...you asked a very good question!!!! and the next one is why is the C-2 nerve inflamed-which may well be the most important one. The symptomatic picture is the first reason of their conclusion. Where the pain initiates and radiates to, which head movements increase the pain. The more diagnostic evidence is the results that I had from the atlas/axis joint injections then radio-frquency ablation in Cleveland. I knew before I came here that the pain or most of it was caused by C-2. What I was thinking was that if C-2 nerve is that inflamed and has not settled down after this length of time, was there must be, has to be enough movement in the joint to cause this, therefore fusion must be the solution. Both surgeons say that there is not enough radiographical evidence for them to say surgery would help enough to make it worth while. They say that even if they do surgery the C-2 nerve inflammation has be settled down...hmm?? It is very frustrating to me!!!
    Do you have skype?
    I am so glad that you like feeding the fish:)

    ReplyDelete