Tuesday, March 23, 2010

spring has sprung

...and maybe I have as well. It seems really timely to me that this is when I am feeling better. Today is the 6th day in a row that I have been feeling "well". I had five tougher days last week after the four good ones. I feel stronger and am tolerating basic activities of daily living much better, what a concept...what a wonderful thing. It is really hard to describe how difficult it has been to go through each day with muscle spasm surrounding my neck and shoulders...not to mention the constant headache as well. I know there are other people that can relate, I am just speaking from my own experience. I am hoping that this stays, and can not wait to get to the strengthening stage. With my headache much less, I can think clearer and have way more energy. My neck muscles remain tight but are not in spasm, unless triggered, then they will still spasm. My left shoulder (trap) muscle is softening as well.
I was to see my neurosurgeon here in Saskatoon last week, and he says that if either I can not tolerate the drugs, or when I try to go off of the drugs....the c-2 nerve can be permanently cut. This information was like another door opening to me and I felt very happy about that.
Today..when I saw my chiropractor he noticed quite a difference in my posture, and of my elation.
Last year...I went scrapbooking on Monday evenings for a little while with two friends. I always needed to take extra narcotics to get through the evening, but really needed to get out-and I also really wanted to make Mom something special for her 65th birthday. Jessica came with me a few times and she really liked it as well. She made herself an awesome scrapbook of our trip to Florida and the Bahamas four years ago. Jessica and I have been planning our next project and are looking forward to scrapbooking in the eve again, hopefully with the same friends.
Last week I bought myself a world cup soccer ball, I chose the Netherlands, because it is orange!! Samuel and Jessica can use it of course, but maybe-I can play pass with them outside this year!! The little dreams(which are actually quite big to me) are important as well.




I hope that anyone reading is dreaming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment